Finally some success with building GNOME

After taking some advice I got on #epiphany I’ve finally managed to get both epiphany and epiphany-extensions out of CVS to compile. In this case jhbuild buildone was my friend. I installed gnome-devel and python-gnome2-desktop-dev and set to work.

I used jhbuild to build glib and gtk+ (setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH in between). Then I tackled epiphany from CVS. It gave me no grief at all, though I did forget to enable Python support at first. epiphany-extensions was equally simple.

Finally I can get serious about getting epilicious into GNOME :-)

Leave a comment